Dr. Amos E. Madanes and the team of fertility experts at the Midwest Fertility Center provide hope for men and women throughout the Chicago and Northwest Indiana region who are having trouble conceiving.
Call today or schedule an appointment online to discuss your fertility concerns.
Fertility Q&A with Dr. Amos E. Madanes
What affects fertility?
- Physical health
- Emotional well-being
- Poor habits, such as smoking or excessive drinking
- For women, fertility also decreases with age, beginning at 35
If you’re planning a pregnancy, Dr. Madanes and his specialized team of fertility experts at the Midwest Fertility Center are available to discuss any fertility concerns you may have. Sometimes a few simple lifestyle changes are all it takes to boost fertility and increase your chances for a healthy pregnancy.
What can women do to boost fertility?
There are numerous things women can do to boost their chances of conception and increase the odds of a successful fertility treatment:
- Eat right: include plenty of nutritious, high-protein foods
- Maintain a healthy weight: being over- or underweight can alter your regular ovulation cycle
- Quit smoking: cigarettes age the ovaries and can damage your eggs
- Curb the cocktails: too much alcohol has been shown to disrupt estrogen levels and inhibit implantation
- Decompress: stress throws off hormone production, making cycles irregular and conception difficult.
What can men do to boost fertility?
- Power up with vitamins: well-rounded diets encourage high-quality sperm production
- Keep cool: when the temperature of your scrotum rises, sperm production falls
- Have sex: regular sex increases sperm production
- Get enough sleep: sleeping more or less than the recommended 7-8 hours a night reduces your chances of getting your partner pregnant
Couples who are considering pregnancy but have concerns about their fertility can schedule an appointment with Dr. Madanes and his team at the Midwest Fertility Center online or by calling.